How to apply
Applicants are encouraged to send their resume and cover letter to the Urban Climb National Head of Coaching by the 30th of November 2019:
Khosro Hashemzadeh | email@example.com
Our goal is to create a gym with a thriving community, amazing climbing experience, and amazing atmosphere. A place where climbers of all skill levels can push their limits, be inspired and feel at home through a strong supportive gym environment. We want to be recognized for the best indoor climbing experience in Australia.
We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, skillful and driven Coach to join our family, work with us to develop a next level youth program and assist our National Head of Coaching.
We are committed to providing all necessary resources for our youth team coaches to accomplish their goals.
Under the supervision of the Head of coaching you will join our team as a part-time supervisor and head coach, starting at 20-30 hours per week, based in Queensland
In this role you must be comfortable taking responsibility, guiding other coaches, youth teams, large groups and adult events. You will be able to step into any coaching role, whilst maintaining a high level of professionalism and customer service. There is weekend work as part of this role.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, introduce, and monitor a safe and effective training program;
- Maintain flexible work schedule based on program and customer needs;
- Monitor and support progress of each individual competitor and work with them to improve, while still maintaining team unity;
- Work together with the other youth team coaches;
- Help develop and implement a program that develops both high performing climbing athletes and beginners while still emphasizing fun and fostering a love for climbing;
- When required, conduct equipment and facility safety inspection under the guidance of the Head of coaching;
- Follow all established policies at UC and procedures;
- Admin and marketing; and
- Conducting Adult’s program coaching based on company’s needs
- Previous event coordination or program management experience;
- Minimum 3 years competitive youth climbing coaching experience with a strong understanding of climbing movement;
- Familiar with competitions formats, schedules and rules;
- Experience with managing coaching programs and creating training plans for a diverse community of young and adult athletes;
- Ability to interact positively with people from various cultures and socioeconomic levels;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively;
- Ability to show leadership skills, organization, and confidence;
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work independently. Willingness to;
- work evenings/weekends/special events such as youth events, coaching youth comps;
- Detail oriented and organized; and
- Open to receiving and giving feedback to the team in a constructive way.
Part-time starting at 20 – 30 hours per week with the potential to develop into a full time position.
Comments are closed.